Since 2012 we work with the Catholic University of Santa Maria to provide dental checks and treatments for the children. At the beginning of the year, every child gets a comprehensive dental check and is categorized in urgency. During the year the kids receive free dental and orthopedic treatments at the University. Half of the costs are waived by the University and half is financed by Intiwawa. Furthermore, every child has its own toothbrush in Intiwawa that is used after every meal. Apart from the treatments, we coordinate monthly prevention sessions with parents and children in order to emphasize the importance of dental hygiene.
- Sustainable improvement of our children's dental health and hygiene
- Create awareness of the importance of dental hygiene and parents' responsibility
- Improve the general health of the community of San Isidro
- Specialized volunteers
- Funds for financing the treatments
- Funds for toothbrushes & toothpaste
- Every day before leaving Intiwawa every child has to brush their teeth.
- To increase the responsibility and awareness of the parents, they are taking their kids to the university for the treatments themselves since 2018, instead of volunteers.
- Since 2019 we teach about dental deseases and the importance of dental hygiene at monthly prevention sessions.